They are loaded with micronutrients and have been studied for their benefits on health. It would be an understatement to suggest that walnuts are a nutrient-rich meal. Healthy fats, fibre, vitamins, and minerals are just a few of the ways that walnuts can benefit your health.
Also, they have been associated with good benefits on blood pressure, gastrointestinal and heart health, and even male fertility. Even better, these nutrient powerhouses have the ability to prevent cancer growth and maintain healthy brain function as you age. Read on as we share the many benefits of eating walnuts.
7 benefits of eating walnuts on the body:
- Promotes heart health: Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) levels and increase good cholesterol (HDL) levels in the body. This, in turn, can help lower the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Aids in weight management: Walnuts are a great source of protein and fiber, both of which can help keep you feeling full for longer periods of time. This can help reduce hunger pangs and prevent overeating, making walnuts a great snack option for weight management.
- Boosts brain function: Walnuts are also a great source of antioxidants and vitamin E, which have been shown to improve cognitive function and reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Supports bone health: Walnuts are rich in magnesium, which is essential for bone health. Adequate magnesium intake has been linked to a reduced risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures.
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels: Walnuts are a low glycemic index food, which means they can help regulate blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Supports healthy skin: Walnuts are rich in antioxidants and healthy fats, which can help promote healthy skin by reducing inflammation and preventing damage from free radicals.
- May reduce the risk of certain cancers: Some studies suggest that regular consumption of walnuts may help reduce the risk of certain cancers, such as breast and prostate cancer.
In conclusion, walnuts are a delicious and nutritious snack that can offer numerous health benefits. So go ahead and enjoy a handful of walnuts as a snack or add them to your favorite dishes to reap the benefits!